Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Baby Mama and the Cheesecake Factory...

So I went to my first movie on the big screen since Mr. & Mrs. Smith. (Whoa...it was that long ago???) I really wanted to see Baby Mama or Iron Man. Since it was more of a girls' night, we chose Baby Mama. While it wasn't a bad movie by any means, it just wasn't as funny or witty as I expected it to be, especially with Tina Fey. (Probably because Mean Girls was so awesome, everything else now will be a let down.) If nothing else, Greg Kinnear is a cutie, so that works.

Now onto the Cheesecake Factory. I haven't been here in a while. We ordered a couple appetizers to split:

Avocado Eggrolls
Chunks of Fresh Avocado, Sun-Dried Tomato, Red Onion and Cilantro Deep Fried in a Crisp Chinese Wrapper.Served with a Tamarind-Cashew Dipping Sauce

and

Spicy Ahi Tempura Roll
Fresh Raw Ahi Tuna Seasoned with Green Onions, Spicy Soy Sauce, Ginger & Garlic Wrapped in Nori and Flash Fried Tempura Style.

I have had the Avocado Eggrolls on many occasions and they never disappoint. Always very consistently yummy, but I think they keep raising the price at nearly $10 now for 6 half pieces. However, when the Spicy Ahi Tempura Roll came out, it was HOT all the way through. It was literally like eating tuna salad from a can because it was cooked. They did end up making us another one and it was MUCH better. Probably not worth the $12, but at least it was tasty.

For an entree, I ordered the Chicken Madeira (Our Most Popular Chicken Dish! Sauteed Chicken Breast Topped with Fresh Asparagus and Melted Mozzarella Cheese, Covered with Fresh Mushroom Madeira Sauce. Served with Mashed Potatoes) which was a steal for about $15 considering the appetizers were almost as much. Again, I have ordered this many times and it is also consistently brilliant. I actually had to bring half of my chicken home, so no dessert. I know, I know...it was pretty much sacrilegious at the Cheesecake Factory of all places.

But I did order a White Chocolate Raspberry Latte (Double Espresso, Ghirardelli White Chocolate, French Raspberry Syrup and Steamed Milk) which was so good, it could have been a dessert.

All in all, it was good easy breezy girls' night with a funny movie and good food. What more can a girl ask for? :D

No comments: